Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 26, 2009

Yuck to dairy and soy!!!

At least according to baby Will's system...we are now allergic to dairy and soy. We have been battling constipation for about a month now with Will (on and off). Well, after not being pleased with our pediatrician, we took Will to see a different doctor in the same practice today. He was very nice, spent much time with us, tested Will, and confirmed that he does indeed have a soy allergy. Because I am nursing this limits my already limited diet. We are going to continue nursing for as long as possible with the understanding that the end is probably going to come before I am ready to stop. All this being said, the most important thing is that little Will's tummy starts to feel better soon and we see our happy baby again.

3 comments:

Alli and Erik said...

oh sweet friend. I hope that you can continue for a little while longer. My momma had to give my sister goat's milk! She couldn't do the formula & she didn't nurse (I don't know if that was normal in the 70's or not!). Good luck darling!

Mimi said...

I'm glad you liked the doctor that you saw. Sounds like he took the situation a little more seriously. I know you are really tired of the limited diet but you can do it. We just want both you and Baby Will to be healthy and happy - We love you!

Sally Brown said...

I am so sorry to hear that! Poor guy and poor mommy! You are doing an amazing job and I know Will appreciates all of your sacrifices!