Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend of Fun

Over the weekend Jason and I had a new experience. We went with 4 other couples to Hot Springs, NC for a weekend of camping and whitewater rafting...don't worry, I didn't raft. The water levels were VERY low so Jason and the other couples spent a great deal of time pushing themselves off the rocks. Although they worked hard and were all sore the next day, they seemed to have a great time.






While there we stayed in our good friends Derek and Rachel's camper. Although we had lots of fun I'm not sure camping is really for me. I enjoyed everything except the bath house (which made me feel like I was back in college) and the bugs. I saw enough spiders and other creepy crawlers to last for quite some time. It was really fun to roast marshmellows, grill hamburgers and hotdogs, and do a lot of relaxing. On the bright side, I can at least say that now I have really camped.
























1 comment:

Chris Brown said...

Aloha! Glad to see y'all had a nice trip. Michael and I made it to Hawaii and are enjoying our time with Chris. We must bust your bubble though...you can't be a REAL camper until you stay outside of that camper. Just kidding, I am proud of you :)